Large Animals, like horses or livestock, create special demands that many smaller veterinary facilities are not able to handle. Alpine Animal Hospital has complete care facilities to manage large animals safely and comfortably. When your horses, cows or other large animals need medical care, you can be sure we’ll provide a clean, modern, safe place for them to rest and recover.
Equine Vaccines & Parasite Control
Trust the Experts at Alpine Animal Hospital to provide complete vaccination coverage for your horses. Professionally scheduled and administered, your horses will have what they need, when they need it for optimal health. Primary Vaccines
- 4-way or 5-way vaccination (Tetanus toxoid, Eastern Equine Enchephalomyelitis, Western Equine Enchephalomyelitis, Influenza, Rhinopneumonitis)
- West Nile Virus Secondary Vaccines
- Streptococcus Equi (strangles, distemper)
- Potomac Horse Fever
Equine Health Services
Alpine Animal Hospital has the facilities, the room, and the care-giving experience to treat your important equine friends safely and effectively. We offer complete equine care services.
- General Surgery
- Reproduction/Artificial Insemination
- Computed Radiography (Digital X-rays)
- Lameness/Joint Therapy/Regenerative Medicine
- In House Blood Analysis
- General and Motorized Dentistry
- Examinations/Vaccinations/Parasite Control
Equine Preventative Medicine
We recommend that your horse be examined at least once yearly for an overall health check. Equine Preventative Medicine:
These health checks help us to document and see how your horse is normally so that we can better diagnose an abnormality or sickness. An annual health exam would consist of an overall impression and report of the horse:
- Annual/Biannual Health Exams
- Annual Blood Work
- General Appearance
- Hair coat evaluation
- Oral exam
- Lymph Node Assessment
- Movement Assessment
We recommend that your horse receive an oral and dental exam yearly. Early detection of problems will most often prevent the need for costly, involved or emergency procedures down the road. Equine Dentistry Highlights:
- Performance floats using mechanized rotary dental tools.
- Bit seats can be placed using the rotary dental tools.
- Annual oral exams.
- Wolf teeth extraction to prevent bit interference.
- Malocclusion correction.
Lameness & Joint Control
Lameness Exam Procedures Including:
- Computed Digital Radiology
- Soft Tissue Ultrasound
Therapeutic/Surgical Procedures including:
- Perineural Anesthesia (nerve blocks)
- Joint injections, including Stem Cell Therapy and Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
- Angular Limb Deformity Correction
- Limb Surgeries
Farm Animals & Livestock/Bovines
Alpine Animal Hospital is East Idaho’s most complete resource for bovine and other vet services for the farm and ranch communities. We provide full onsite care services at our large animal facility for individual animals or small groups. We also make farm calls when you need help treating large numbers of cattle, sheep or goats that make transport to our facility impractical. We offer the following livestock veterinary services:
- Herd Health
- Pregnancy Exams
- Vaccinations and Parasite Control
- General Medical and Surgical Services
- Semen Evaluation and Trichimoniasis
Bovine Vaccinations & Parasite Control
- Bovine Pregnancy exams
- Bull semen evaluation and trich testing
- Vaccination Programs
- Health Certificates