Large Animals, like horses or livestock, create special demands that many smaller veterinary facilities are not able to handle. Alpine Animal Hospital has complete care facilities to manage large animals safely and comfortably. When your horses, cows or other large animals need medical care, you can be sure we’ll provide a clean, modern, safe place for them to rest and recover.
Equine Vaccines & Parasite Control
Trust the Experts at Alpine Animal Hospital to provide complete vaccination coverage for your horses. Professionally scheduled and administered, your horses will have what they need, when they need it for optimal health. Primary Vaccines
- 4-way or 5-way vaccination (Tetanus toxoid, Eastern Equine Enchephalomyelitis, Western Equine Enchephalomyelitis, Influenza, Rhinopneumonitis)
- West Nile Virus Secondary Vaccines
- Streptococcus Equi (strangles, distemper)
- Potomac Horse Fever
Equine Health Services
Alpine Animal Hospital has the facilities, the room, and the care-giving experience to treat your important equine friends safely and effectively. We offer complete equine care services.
- General Surgery
- Reproduction/Artificial Insemination
- Computed Radiography (Digital X-rays)
- Lameness/Joint Therapy/Regenerative Medicine
- In House Blood Analysis
- General and Motorized Dentistry
- Examinations/Vaccinations/Parasite Control
Equine Preventative Medicine
We recommend that your horse be examined at least once yearly for an overall health check. Equine Preventative Medicine:
These health checks help us to document and see how your horse is normally so that we can better diagnose an abnormality or sickness. An annual health exam would consist of an overall impression and report of the horse:
- Annual/Biannual Health Exams
- Annual Blood Work
- General Appearance
- Hair coat evaluation
- Oral exam
- Lymph Node Assessment
- Movement Assessment
We recommend that your horse receive an oral and dental exam yearly. Early detection of problems will most often prevent the need for costly, involved or emergency procedures down the road. Equine Dentistry Highlights:
- Performance floats using mechanized rotary dental tools.
- Bit seats can be placed using the rotary dental tools.
- Annual oral exams.
- Wolf teeth extraction to prevent bit interference.
- Malocclusion correction.
Lameness and Joint Care
Joint health is the most important aspect in the life of performance and working horses. Our Veterinarians provide comprehensive lameness exams; including radiographs and nerve blocking. We offer joint injections as a preventative treatment and as a treatment for lameness. Let us help you and your athletic partner get back to performance level.
- Lameness Evaluations
- Joint Injections
- Nerve Blocks
- Therapeutic Laser & Acupuncture Treatments
- Platelet Rich Plasma & Stem Cell Treatments
Farm Animals & Herd Health
Our large animal team is determined to keep your horses, cattle and small ruminants— goats, sheep, llamas, etc.— healthy and productive. We tailor our vaccines and parasite prevention to your herd’s needs, and offer on-site services such as emergency care, medical care and nutritional counseling. We conduct breeding soundness exams to evaluate the capability and reliability of your herd as breeding animals. With the health and wellness of your animals in mind, we can determine the reproductive quality of your animals to help you make an informed decision on the best way to grow your herd. We provide on the farm and in-clinic services for your ranching and herd operation needs. We also provide in-depth reproduction exams for bulls, including trich and semen testing, as well as pregnancy exams on your cows and heifers using our portable ultrasound.
Bovine Vaccinations & Parasite Control
- Bovine Pregnancy exams
- Bull semen evaluation and trich testing
- Vaccination Programs
- Health Certificates
- Breeding Soundness Exams
- Uterine Ultrasound to determine ovarian health.
- Uterine Culture
- Uterine Biopsies
- Progesterone Testing
- Caslick Surgery
- Stallion Services Coming Soon!
- Breeding Soundness Exams
- Semen Analysis – can collect on farm or in hospital.
- Artificial Insemination
- Insemination with fresh, cooled, or frozen semen can be performed on the farm, or at the hospital.
- Embryo Transfer Services Include:
- Embryo retrieval and assess viability and health for implantation.
- Shipping to recipient herd or facility of owner’s choice.
- Foaling Services:
- Neonatal Care
- IgG Testing
- Plasma Administration