Our mission at Alpine Animal Hospital is to honor the bond between our clients and their animals. Our compassionate and knowledgeable health care team achieves this through partnering with the clients to deliver cutting edge medicine and surgery. We strive to create a happy, healthy and productive life for our clients’ pets and to enhance their relationship with them.
As our Veterinary Technician or Assistant, you are our client and patient advocates. As such, we require passionate, hardworking, and empathetic people, able to stay calm in potentially stressful or emergency situations. Job duties include but are not limited to, exam room nursing; restraining patients for exams, vaccines and other medical treatment administration, venipuncture, performing dental procedures under the supervision of a DVM, taking and processing radiographs, gathering and processing diagnostic samples, as well as monitoring patients under anesthesia, and assisting in surgical procedures. Applicants must be able to lift 40 pounds unassisted. Veterinary experience is preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional appearance (clothes and attitude)
- Work calmly and compassionately with clients in various emotional states
- Computer skills: must be able to use Windows based computer systems, word processing, email, web search, and other skills needed to effectively use the practice management software program.
- Communication and client education – understand the purpose and benefit of the medicine being offered and performed
- Be familiar and comfortable handling all species of animals, including reptiles, birds, cattle and horses.
- Some Saturdays and emergency on-call services required.
- Assist in cleaning the hospital including: keeping animal kennel areas clean and sanitary, and keeping exam rooms clean and inviting for patients and owners.
- Duties also include keeping kennels of hospitalized patients clean, with clean water and feed daily, or more often as necessary.